Search & Win

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

kindergarten or First Grade?????

Kindergarten or first grade, that is the question.

Both schools don't like the idea of holding tman back(even though he likes the idea) so there fix at the new school is to have him do kindergarten for about one month and then retest him and they want him to go into a first grade class. Now to me that is like a tease, or a get used to this one then change. He doesn't do well with change and cracks under pressure. He freezes up and wont do a darn thing. Its just part of him right now and they don't get it. His teacher this year knows because it took him almost the first half of the year to get into the groove and like it and feel comfortable enough to participate. So to me its like they don't listen to his teacher and just think we are exaggerating or something.

He has come so far
- he can write his name-first and last,
- he knows his alphabet
- numbers
- sight words
- he can jump with both feet
- he can run
-he can write, mom, dad, sam, mickey, liam, zachary, max, haley, star wars, etc...

He has come so far and to see the school not going ahead and doing what they know is right and what will help him is so frustrating. The school told me that they know something is up when they see me coming. I must have the "i mean business" look on my face or something. I wish the teacher he has now could be his forever. She totally gets him and she works with him and really tries to know what he is thinking/saying.

Now i have an idea, i have yet to run it past dad. Hes not home from work yet. Let me know what you think.
I was thinking-so was his current teacher, what if he did morning kindergarten and afternoon first grade. It would be a way for ALL of us to get what we want. (even tman.)

0 Happy Thoughts: