Search & Win

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Easter

We love peeps in this family,

Here is mickey eating bunny poop(jelly beans)..

Dad and Travis talking about playing games...

Mickeys basket, he loves fat chickens.
This is his second one.


Sam's basket, she is holding her bunny.

A look at all the eggs to hide later.

The boys looking at there loot.

Sam squishing her bunny, she likes the super soft bunny.

Of course, pulling the ribbon off.
I took time to find and put a nicer one on.


Okay, now here is the run down on our Easter. I was wondering about it after hearing from other families what they do. Some don't do Easter bunny, some egg hunt Saturday, some don't give baskets. So I began to question what we have always done.

After thinking about it I decided to ask the kids what they thought about Easter. I wanted to know if have ruined them or taught them. Well Sam talked about the Resurrection and the tomb. She went on about the 3 days and on the third day is when he rose up. Pretty good I thought. For not going to church all that much and discussing it at home. Now mickey said yes mom i know about the 3 days and the rise of Christ. My favorite part is the sunny day and finding eggs. Now i am alright with that answer, at least he knows the true meaning. Well Travis has never been to church and doesn't know that much about this world we live in and is just now talking and communicating. I will work on him all this year and get him ready for next year.

Our baskets usually hold a stuft animal that they like, a game for each or all together. Peeps, chocolate bunny, and jelly beans(Bunny poop) and plastic eggs that hold something they like. The basket and bunny stuff to us represent spring and the beginning of playing outside more often. They get yard games to play with and we hide the plastic eggs outside.
I am actually happy with all I found out this year, i love our traditions and am proud to know that my kids are well rounded.

Yeah for me!!!

0 Happy Thoughts: