Search & Win

Friday, April 25, 2008

The Crazy Carnival Day

Well my day was crazy. I woke feeling like poopie and couldn't stop coughing. Got the two oldest to school and Travis was busy watching toons and eating cereal. I took a quick nap/closed my eyes for short time. It felt like years past, I had really needed that. Dad took Travis to school and I cleaned the house and defrosted pork chops for dinner.
Now the day kinda disappears on me.
I went and picked up the boys from school and then drove over to the ash creek to get Sam, her best friend Sarah wanted a ride home(she lives a few blocks away so I don't mind). As we are driving I mention to Sam that I had wanted to go to the park seeing as how it was really warm outside and practice throwing and catching the softball with her. Sarah of course wants to go with us. I think oh sure what the heck that way they both can practice. Now mickey and Travis want Justin-the brother to go with us. Me being the easy going mom says, Yes why not.
So the park was fun and the kids are behaving wonderful. I begin to round them up so we can go home and eat dinner and get ready for the carnival, (I had been volunteered to work a shift in the booth for Travis's' class.) Now all the kids are wanting to go to the carnival and I said yes of course why not it would be fun.
(HMMM are we seeing a pattern here yet?)
SO while I am rounding up the kids Sarah calls and asks her mom if it would be okay for them to go with us. she says yes and i will bring you some money to have with. Now me not thinking that far in advance realize that her mom is pulling up and giving them money.
So, umm, I am not quite getting it yet, you know me a little slow in this area yet. give me a minute, AHHHHH!!!!!
There mom just left them with me for the evening. She is not planning on them coming home so as she drives off she tells Sarah, "if you need me call on the cell I will be in Salem". Okay now one more moment of catching up with the moment.........Um dinner, I have now given myself another 2 mouths to feed.
I yell at the kids in a mom voice that catches all ears at the park, TIME TO GO, Get YOUR BODIES IN THE VAN NOW!!
I have dinner to fix and it is now 4:30! The carnival needs me at 6:00 and I need to cook pork chops, what was I thinking.
Dinner was good the kids ate well and now its carnival time.
We get there and had to park like a zillion blocks away. tired already and getting testy, all I want to do is get the tickets, find my booth and set the kids free. Well that is not how it happened, of course.
I get to the booth for the tickets and Sam grabs the money and gets in line I say 10$ in tickets and bring me the rest and I will divide them up. Well that's not what went down. Here I am with Travis, no money, no tickets, no kids and I am being beckoned to get to the booth. I get in the booth and yes the kids know where I am and that I told them to find me, they just didn't. Me, well I am not happy. Travis wants to go play games and eat cotton candy, I cant leave the booth because no one else was there. Great, he is not happy kike me. Finally someone else arrives at the booth and I tell them that I will be back I have to find my kids and my money. (Apparently they have been there before :)
I am looking for 10-15 min and just give up. I am beyond mad and getting worried because NO ONE has seen them. I ran into Calista and I think she could tell that I was not happy. I told her the scenario-short version of course, and as I am walking away she finds Sam and she has a gob of tickets and the money, only a five of course :(
I take away most of the tickets and send her on her way, not to mention she is grounded for the weekend.
Well now I have to go back to the booth and work and here is Travis, such a big boy not once complaining, he wants to play. I was starting to tell him that he has to wait a while longer since his brother ditched him. Calsita tells me that she will trade me Madison for Travis and will take him around a little bit to do a few things. What a wonderful lifesaver she is!! At first he seemed not sure, but then all of a sudden I think he realized that someone wanted him to be with them. He is my sensitive boy.
SO, Madison and I went in and took care of the booth and Travis had a blast!!! He told me all about the train and how good the cotton candy was. Seeing as how that is like the only time he gets it he seems to enjoy every bite. By the end of the night we all were better, I was tired and ready to go. 2 bags of cookies, 3 goody bags and happy kids later, I made it out of the carnival and ready to get rid of 2 kids. Two good kids but none the less I only want my three and to go HOME!!

3 Happy Thoughts:

Rachel Holloway said...

What an insane evening! I can't believe you took all those kids and handled everything! WAH!! I think i would have sat down and cried like a baby!!! :)

YEAH for Calista--what a lifesaver for sure!

Anonymous said...

So the funny thing is that I felt bad that, in the time I had him, Travis only got to do those two things :) I'm glad he enjoyed it, though, and I think Kellen liked that he got to do the carnival by himself a bit.

hotmama03 said...

oh you know what, all he talked about was how he got to ride the train, he was way happy, and thanks a whole bunch for helping him find his smile!