Search & Win

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

My Grandma

This is in loving memory of the funniest lady I have ever loved.
She loved playing cards, her favorite is skipbo.
She taught me to play canasta and tons of other games.
I remember when she came here to visit us. She had her own car and was driving through old town and she must have been going 50 mph! She said that she only lives once and thought it was fun. She always had some sort of treat for us, whether it was candy or a day of fun.
She passed away Monday night at 7:30. I havent been to see her for a few years. We were planning on a family trip this year to see her and the family down in california. I really wanted her to see Travis, she had only seen him in pictures. His name is a family name on that side of the family. It would have been nice to see her. I cant make it to her funeral this weekend, i am kinda depressed about that.
She loved life and life seemed to love her back.

1 Happy Thoughts:

Anonymous said...

I know I already said this earlier in the week, but I'm sorry that she's gone, that you weren't able to see her again before she died, and that you weren't able to go to the funeral. It's always hard to lose someone special. My Grandpa has had several problems over the years, and several occasions when we were afraid he wouldn't make it out of the hospital for one reason or another. I dread the day that he returns to the Lord, but I also know that he says, "No one makes it out of this life alive", always making a joke out of the fact that this life is temporary. I'm not sure that it really will make it any easier to let go when the time comes, but at least I know that the only thing bothering him about it is that my Grandma will be alone.