Search & Win

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Gem and Mineral show



Okay well this weekend we had two scout outings. On friday after school we went to the gem show and we met two of the other scouts there. Well really only one but whos really taking tally besides me.! ;) Well I learned a few things that i didnt know before. I also got some awesome rocks. Calista and Kellen went and they BOTH won the hourly drawings!! Not fair. I recieved out of a candy dispenser (that was full of rocks and agates) three leopard jade rocks, two blue newports, one amethist and some really nice agates. The kids got some crystals for free and played games to win some nice rocks and petrified wood. All I know is that we had a great time and will most likely be going next year because they plan on having a black-light show with rocks and minerals.




This is jade made into statues




This is petrified wood, in a display case.

This is leopard Jade I believe,
this is what I have but this is much bigger.

This is a Megalodon tooth, the kids really thought this was neat.

0 Happy Thoughts: